SimVentions’ Information For Me DDS tool (InformeDDS) provides insight into components on a publish / subscribe network. This tool can be used to monitor, inject, record, and validate messages from all components participating in a given Data Distribution System (DDS) domain.
- Auto-discovers domain participants and topics with no prior knowledge of their existence
- Visualizes the relationship between domain participants and topics
- Displays topic data format (i.e. IDL) and data as it is received
- Displays discovered Quality of Service (QoS) settings for each topic
- Allows for simple message injection
- Validate discovered topic against pre-defined “ground truth” topic data
- Allows for recording data from any number of topics that can be analyzed offline or played back at a later time
Pub/Sub Visualization and Interactive Dashboard
- By their very nature, publish/subscribe networks can become very complex quickly and it is difficult to understand all of the interconnections between components. InformeDDS has evolved as a tool for the developer and the tester to gain an understanding of what components exist, what topics exist, which topics are being used by which components and more.
- InformeDDS is currently developed for RTI DDS middleware environments and can help debug connectivity issues (e.g. caused by QoS incompatibilities), verify message content (by displaying data as it is received or by recording for offline analysis) and validate topic format (by validating against a “ground truth” topic description).
Benefits to Using InformeDDS
- Intuitive visual representation of a publish/subscribe network providing fast recognition of problem areas
- Verifies for developers that their system is behaving as designed
- Provides an efficient method for testers to validate a developed system/component against its specification